Marketing Assistant - Farber Financial Group
Farber Financial Group (Farber) is a financial and business advisory services firm that offers practical solutions to complex financial problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and results. We are a client-centric organization.
For almost 40 years, the firm has distinguished itself as a leader in its profession and we now employ 190+ people in over 50 offices in Ontario and British Columbia.
The position is part of the Marketing Department in the Corporate Division of Farber. The Corporate Division is the B2B (business to business) division of the firm focused on helping companies grow, improve or wind-down.
As the Marketing Assistant you will work with all practice leaders with a focus on administrative marketing requests. You also support the daily requests of Marketing department and report directly to the Marketing Manager. Key areas of focus include: administrative documentation and scheduling, marketing program support, and event planning.
The Marketing Assistant has the following responsibilities:
- Proofreading materials such as articles, sales collateral, and other communications
- Creating and editing presentation material, marketing and sales collateral, as well as web-based content
- Accurate data entry and preparation of invoices and vendor quotes
- Tracking of events, advertisements, sponsorships, and other marketing activities
- Back-office filing of marketing materials
- Desktop publishing updates along with printing and delivery requests
- Tracking sales pipeline activities and creating and using lists and reporting in CRM and CMS databases
- Timely delivery of marketing updates on social media across multiple firm accounts
- Booking meetings, meeting preparation, and taking minutes
- Maintaining event, sponsorship, and advertising calendars
- Event set up and tear down
- Onboarding new professionals
- Researching and gathering information
- Other duties as required
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess the following:
- Postsecondary degree, diploma or certificate in Communications, Marketing or a relevant area of study
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience working in a professional services environment (law, accounting, financial services, engineering, real estate), in a marketing/communications capacity
- Impeccable professional writing, including: strong grammar, style, voice, and consistency with content
- Portfolio of communication assignments available on request
- Experience using CMS and CRM technologies for blogging, lead generation, email/automation, and social media
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet pressing deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with a team
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge of general best practices and able to implement feedback to meet client needs
- Expert knowledge in programs such as: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and InDesign
- Desktop publishing skills an asset
- Customer service mindset
- Event management experience
We offer an exceptional work environment, competitive salary and benefits. If you are interested in advancing your career in an exciting and challenging work environment, please e-mail your resume to: email@example.com
Please be sure to:
• Copy or type your resume into the body of the email message; or
• Attach your resume via a file attachment in Word, PDF, HTML, or plain text.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber Financial and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those elected for an interview will